Entries in Google Apps Script (6)
Sometimes, to maintain clean layout of a Google Sites page, you need to have subsections that can be collapsed or expanded by the user:
Here is a script that can create twisties from sub-pages of any Google Sites page.
Building a GUI based app using Google Apps Scripting is very simple. Just need to have a very basic understanding of how Google Web Toolkit (GWT) works. For this app we used the
- Spreadsheet Services in Google Apps Scripting; and
- UI Services.
UI Services are based on GWT, so it is good to have a basic understanding of the framework. The following is the code to create your own Idea Bank application in Google Sites. A real live working example is available here
The following script can be used to generate a tree view of a Google Docs Collection in Google Sites on the fly. Very useful for displaying contents of large Google Docs Collection on a Google Sites page.
In this script, we will use the Google spreadsheet to keep track of files uploaded to Google Sites' File Cabinets. There are four parts to this script:
- Creating a File Upload form using the Google Apps script UIApp and the FileUpload UI
- Adding a button to invoke the form from the Google Spreadsheet File Menu
- Using the Sites Service to store the uploaded file to the Google Sites' File Cabinet
- Using the Spreadsheet Service to save the URL to the Uploaded File in the active spreadsheet cell.